For myself, perhaps the oddest experience is the many intersections without functioning traffic lights, including some on major highways. It was an eerie feeling Friday night to be at an intersection where folks normally travel at 50-60 mph and just heading across hoping for the best.
Before offering a second image, I have some news of the move updates to provide in a bulleted list. I haven't posted in a few days, so for them that care, here are the updates.
- Packing is complete.
- Yoda has adjusted to her collar.
- Katie has moved her stuff out of the house, and also sprained her ankle...leading to much drama and annoyance (on her part) about having to move about on crutches.
- My mortgage was refinanced. Huzzah!
- I am now on a much stricter budget. Hmmm....
- I am exploring what goecaching is all about.
- I decided that a 3.5" fixed blade knife was not a requirement of my camping gear. Also have chosen not to pack pepper spray for bears. Not sure if that is the best choice.