On the other hand, the extraordinary euphoria that Minnesotans get to feel when it finally does hit 60 and the grass starts to grow is something that folks in the rest of the country never really experience. Nothing like being stuck indoors hiding from the cold for five months to make those first warm days seem like some kind of heaven on Earth.
Heading down to St Peter this weekend to check out a townhouse for my move to Mankato. It's a little further from the school than I would prefer...a twenty minute commute...so I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger even if I like it. There is a newer townhouse that will come available in September that is only ten minutes from campus. That would be much better if I can figure out where to live for the thirty days or so until it's ready after I get to Mankato.
Speaking of getting to Mankato, I have a better idea of the Summer journey itinerary. Here's the outline:
- Wyoming and Little Big Horn from July 1st-7th.
- Mitch's Cabin (west of Billings) and a Yurt in the Montana mountains July 8th-15th
- EDTA Leadership Summit in Denver from July 16th-20th
- North through the Tetons and into the Cascades July 21st through August 2nd
- West to Seattle August 3rd - 10th
- East through Washington, Idaho and Montana and back to Mpls August 10th-17th
Meanwhile, lots of cleaning, packing and purging still to do!